Mittwoch, 29. August 2018

This Day Is Mine. Please, may I use it well

This is the day that belongs to me, for it was given to me early in the morning freely and without obligation. The moment that I accepted the gift, I accepted the responsibility for its growth. I received it in good condition, fresh, young and clean, and now that it is mine, I can choose what kind of day it will become. I can make it ugly by deciding to be miserable or I can make it beautiful by deciding to be glad. 

This is the day to be happy. I know I can be just as contented as I wish to be. Above all, I can find contentment now, instead of thinking it necessary to wait for some uncertain, future pleasure.

This is the day to be free, to cut the bonds of all those tomorrows and all those yesterdays. I would be unwise to waste any part of today in useless guilt or distress about a yesterday, or pointless worry or panic about a tomorrow.

This is a day to treat life as a great adventure and each moment of it as a satisfying and rewarding experience. Since I want to live it fully, and I want to live it well. I hope that I will handle myself in such a manner that when today becomes yesterday, my memories will be pleasant and when tomorrow 
becomes today my regrets will be few. On this day, I do not want to indulge in crippling, selfish emotions such as anger, hatred and fear; I want instead to seek their opposites.

This is the day to be thankful for some pains removed and some blessing received; to translate my gratitude from mere words into cheerful, wholehearted achievement.

This is the day to promise myself that I am going to build my world with gladness and with love, right now, because this is the only day that belongs to me. 

1 Kommentar: