Mittwoch, 20. April 2022

Breaking Habits

By the side of the road, 15 April 2022

Most of the time, I'm on autopilot – and that's a good thing for it would simply be too much to have to constantly think that I need to breathe in and out. On the other hand, however, I do find it increasingly irritating that my ingrained habits seem to be in charge of my life.

The other day, after buying groceries at the local supermarket, I came across bargain books that I – being a book addict – couldn't resist having a look at. No, not today, I said to myself, I still have far too many unread books at home. And so I didn't buy one but on the bus back home there was this thriller on my mind that I had laid eyes on and whose author was familiar to me. As soon as I arrived home, I took another bus (the ride takes only a couple of minutes) back to the store, picked up the book and started reading ... put it back ... and went home again. How come? There seems to be a short gap between the thought and the action ... an opportunity to briefly stop the autopilot.

By the way, when waiting for the bus I did not look at my cell phone and instead spotted the flower pictured above ... that I photographed with my cell phone ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen