Samstag, 9. April 2022

Birds in the Park

Lately, I spent a few days in Porto. It was my first visit to this town and I was astonished what a popular tourist destination it seemed to be. I spent my time walking around town and taking photographs. I often do not know what I'm looking at (the story behind a façade does not particularly interest me), I simply frame what pleases my eyes.
After I had skipped a visit to the famous Livraria Lello (the line of people trying to get in was about 150 meters long) and got somewhat tired of the really fabulous old town, I resorted to the area close to my hotel that looked totally unspectacular to me. Yet there I discovered two parks populated mainly by clochards, pensioners and birds resting on the branches of the various trees before taking off again in order to do their rounds in a truly elegant fashion. 
What comes to mind when thinking back to my time in Porto is my sitting idly on the benches of these two parks and watching the birds performing. Whatever you do, do it well, they seemed to say. And, if possible, elegantly.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen