Sonntag, 13. Februar 2011

My Treatment Approach

So what then is my treatment approach? Well, I have not invented the wheel anew, I do what others do: I listen and I motivate (in several languages). But there is of course a difference: I know addiction not from textbooks but from personal experience and this means that my way of motivating differs considerably from the ones who lack this experience. This is not to say that theory is foreign to me: I obtained the University Certificate in Drug & Alcohol Studies from the University of Stirling, Scotland. However: many of my insights into human nature (and these are central for understanding addiction) do not originate from classroom wisdom but from having lived and worked in a variety of cultures, and from great works of world literature, namely the ones of Dostoevsky (the greatest psychologist ever) and Freud (who taught us that man isn't master in his own house) as well as from thrillers, coincidence, (good and bad) luck, destiny and, well, who knows?

Hans Durrer

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen