Mittwoch, 28. September 2022

Life at 69




These photos were taken by Blazenka Kostolna on 12 August 2022 on the banks of the Sihl near Adliswil. What we see in a picture, we bring to it. Knowing that I'm turning 69 today has a calming effect on me for to confront my age feels somewhat liberating. 

Needless to say, I did not expect that. Well, expectations are killers – the present doesn't stand much of a chance against them. Now, they seem to be largely gone. Or am I fooling myself? In any case, there are these moments when I'm glad that there is no other option than to concentrate on the present.

That however does not mean that I'm going to to do it for my mind usually does what it wants. And, a birthday does not change that – but it is a good reminder that to focus on the present is what I need to do for whenever I'm doing it life feels strange and okay.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen