Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2024

Learning from Thrillers

 “… I miss my father, and my mother, and my grandparents. It’s a part of life, missing the dead.”

On death and dying: “It’s like walking out of a movie. Being made to walk out of a movie that you’re really enjoying … It will always be an arbitrary date. It will always leave me wanting more.”

Lee Child: The Enemy

“Niebuhr’s guessing. He’s a shrink. All they do is guess.

Lee Child: One Shot

It’s an ancient rule: lawyers make enemies.

Greg Iles: Turning Angel

… she finally understood what had happened, for the world was this way because she was this way; and the world’s judgement of her was only as stupid and cruel as her judgement of others had been.

The idea that love is not enough is a particularly painful one.

Richard Flanagan: The Unknown Terrorist

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen